Up-to-date learning and information to help your projects move forward Funds for facilities improvements and capital projects are scarce and often difficult to access. ArtsBuild is committed to providing up-to-date learning and information resources around traditional and innovative ways to fund and finance projects to improve existing facilities and build new ones.
The Ontario150 program is a series of events and initiatives that will stretch to every corner of our province, showcasing Ontario’s innovative spirit, our culture and our community diversity.
There are three funding programs you can apply for:
- Community Celebration Program – $7 million in funding available (application opens July 6 and closes September 2, 2016)
- Partnership Program – $5 million in funding available (application opens July 6 and closes September 30, 2016)
- Community Capital Program – $25 million in funding available (application opens July 18 and closes September 14, 2016)
- This program helps municipalities, not-for-profit community organizations and Indigenous communities improve existing infrastructure through repairs, renovations or retrofitting.
- You must be registered with the Ontario Trillium Foundation before submitting an application for this program.
ArtsBuild Ontario has been working hard to better understand how Canada Cultural Spaces Fund (CCSF) money can be utilized and accessed by our small to mid-sized organizations. There have been some changes to the Cultural Spaces fund this year, including significant increases to the budget – so now is the time to apply!
To better understand these changes to the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund, ArtsBuild Ontario hosted a webinar with Valerie Hopper, Manager of the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund Ontario Region and arts organizations registered on Bricks & Mortar. Topics covered included the changes to the CCSF, eligibility, the applications process and more.
Now we want to share this information with you! Click here to access a recording of our webinar with Valerie from Canada Cultural Spaces, and/or here to view the transcript of the webinar and Q&A period.
- Endowment Incentives – Canada Cultural Investment Fund
- Capital Grant, Ontario Trillium Foundation
- New Building Canada Fund
- Enabling Accessibility Fund
- Infrastructure Ontario Fund (for arts training institutions)
- Community Forward Fund
- Better Buildings Partnership (Toronto)
- City of Thunder Bay Community Partnership Funding (Thunder Bay)
- Hamilton Heritage Property Grant Program (Hamilton)
- Hamilton Heritage Conservation Grant Program (Hamilton)
- Incite Foundation for the Arts (Hamilton)
- Culture Build Investment Program (Toronto)
Tools to research grants
- Imagine Canada’s Grant Connect tool
- The Funding Portal – national listings, includes government funding
- Ajah.ca tools
We are committed to sharing sector best practices and new opportunities for funding. Sign up here for our eNews to be the first to know.
Find more useful insights on funding sources and partnership best practices in ArtsBuild’s Resource Library.