Couldn’t attend our Creative Spaces Brainstorming Workshop Interested in learning more about creative space capital projects across Ontario? Don’t miss our upcoming webinar Creative Spaces Series Recap: Brainstorming Workshop, Best Practices Report.
Creative Spaces Series Recap: Brainstorming Workshop, Best Practices Report
Presenter: Amy Poole, Program Manager, ArtsBuild Ontario
Friday, March 27, 2020 | Time: 12:00 p.m.– 1:30 p.m. EST
This webinar features two parts:
- Recap of the Creative Spaces Brainstorming Workshop 2020 that occurred on Tues. Feb. 25, 2020
- Overview of the Creative Spaces Case Study Series Best Practices Report
Part 1: Recap of the Creative Spaces Brainstorming Workshop
ABO will cover the needs and common challenges identified by arts organizations during the workshop, as well as ideas and insights shared during the session. Furthermore, she will give a brief overview of the three capital project examples that were shared by panelists Nadine Baker, Facility Manager of the Tett Centre, Kendra Fry, General Manager at Trinity-St. Paul’s Centre for Faith, Justice, & the Arts, and Jaime Griffis, Director of Programming & Promotions at Idea Exchange.
In addition, we will provide a brief summary of the ‘Studio X’ presentation by Conestoga College students in the Bachelor of Interior Design (Honours) program, highlighting their mock plan to transform the former Schneider’s factory in Kitchener.
Part 2: Overview of the Creative Spaces Case Study Series Best Practices Report
The second part of the webinar will provide an overview of the Creative Space Case Study Series Best Practices Report. This report summarizes data on creative space capital projects collected from the following 19 organizations:
- Al Green Theatre (Toronto)
- Canadian Automotive Museum (Oshawa)
- Carousel Players (St. Catharines)
- Dundas Museum and Archives (Dundas)
- Dundas Valley School of Art (Dundas)
- FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre (St. Catharines)
- Gallerie SAW Gallery (Ottawa )
- Great Canadian Theatre Company (Ottawa)
- Idea Exchange: Old Post Office (Cambridge)
- The Lighthouse Festival Theatre (Port Dover)
- Meridian Hall (Toronto)
- Ottawa Art Gallery (Ottawa)
- Stratford Perth Museum (Stratford)
- The Tett Centre for Creativity and Learning (Kingston)
- The Theatre Centre (Toronto)
- The Thunder Bay Art Gallery (Thunder Bay)
- Toronto Centre for the Arts (Toronto)
- Trinity-St. Paul’s & Tafelmusik: Jeanne Lamon Hall (Toronto)
- The Westdale Theatre (Hamilton)
We will provide a summary of the data collected from these organizations on their capital project needs, the process of how organizations executed these projects, how operations continued following these phases, and lessons learned. The Best Practices Report provides arts organizations who are considering or currently embarking on a capital project with examples of similar and differing projects, and can act as a guideline for arts organizations across Ontario.
This webinar is open to those who attended the Creative Spaces Brainstorming Workshop 2020, individuals who were unable to participate in-person, and anyone who is interested in learning about our Creative Spaces Case Study Series Best Practices Report.
This webinar is a part of ArtsBuild Ontario’s Learning Series, a collection of learning opportunities for arts facilities across Ontario. The Creative Spaces Case Study Series is funded by the Department of Canadian Heritage.