ArtsBuild Ontario’s (ABO) LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT program has now come to a close – thank you to everyone who made this program a success!
LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT was delivered as a two-part series of workshops, webinars, and virtual consultations on the topics of Engaging Community, Alternative Financing Methods, Building/Renovating and Managing/Maintaining creative spaces and capital projects.
To celebrate the conclusion to LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT, we would like to share some program highlights.
A total of 57 registrants participated in the workshops for the program, 92 registrants attended the webinars, and 31 participants took part in the virtual consultations!
Looking at it from a slightly different lens, each community workshop and virtual consultation saw the participation of many different organizations:
- Guelph: 13 organizations
- Orangeville: 12 organizations
- Cambridge: 9 organizations
- Waterloo: 12 organizations
- Kitchener: 14 organizations
Common Needs Identified
- Innovative use of space
- Planning a Capital Project
- Practical and useful information on construction management
- Clarification of the scope for an RFP and feasibility studies
- Key questions to ask stakeholders
- Better understanding of building management and asset management
- Up-to-date information on what potential resources are available
Thank you to everyone who helped grow this program in the past few years – and thank you to our presenters: Jeremy Freiburger (Cobalt Connects), Julia Vlad (Community Forward Fund) and Christina Baker (Community Micro Lending Society, formerly Community Forward Fund), Randy Dalton (Dalton Company) and Bryn Jones (Conestoga College, formerly WalterFedy).