In 2021-22, round table gatherings will take place across the province with Indigenous artists, organizations, groups and communities to discuss and celebrate Indigenous creative/cultural spaces. Notes from each gathering will be posted publicly. Gathering discussions will consider questions such as:
- What is working/not working?
- What is needed?
- Where should spaces be located?
- Who should lead them?
- How can we extend partnership networks?
- How can we learn from each other?
Gatherings will be hosted by an Indigenous Advisory Circle member in 8 communities across Ontario. The communities include:
- Friday’s Point (Bear Island/Temagami)
- Manitoulin Island
- Nipissing Region/North Bay
- Six Nations of the Grand River
- Thunder Bay
A Gatherings Summary will be shared online in 2022, providing overviews of each community gathering.