It’s hard to believe that ArtsBuild Ontario’s LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT workshop has already traveled to five out of the 10 cities we’re set to visit across the province. Next up, we have Sudbury (Oct. 6 & 7), Town of Blue Mountains (Nov. 4 & 5) and Orillia (Nov. 17 & 18).
But why should your arts organization know about more about facilities? Other than learning about the tools and resources you need to build, finance, manage and win community support when it comes to your creative space, here’s our top five reasons we think you should attend a LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT workshop this year.
- You asked and we delivered. This two day workshop is designed based on the needs expressed at our Sustainable Creative Spaces Sessions. These sessions were held in eight Ontario communities in 2013 and involved local leaders in conversations around creating spaces they needed for vibrant cultural activity in their community. We also discussed the challenges they faced in developing and maintaining these spaces. In response, LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT is centred around four key topics: Building New Facilities, Financing Options for Non-Profit Spaces, Managing Sustainable Facilities, and Engaging Your Community in Your Non-Profit Space.
- It’s a great networking opportunity. Meet other non-profits in your community and share experiences. One participant said that “it was relaxed, gave us time to talk to other arts groups…the chance to network was priceless.” Gain perspective on your building projects through the stories of others in addition to the examples provided by our topic experts. Speaking of experts…
- Knowledgeable and approachable experts. Our four presenters cover everything from financing projects to winning community support. While you’re grabbing a morning coffee or eating lunch, feel free to sit down, chat up an expert and gain further insight about your creative space projects.
- Online resources. Following the workshop series, ArtsBuild Ontario will post all workshop materials online. You’ll get access to all topic areas covered in the workshop, so when you present facility ideas to your organization or revisit your workshop notes, these online resources will be there to help.
- It gets you excited about the future of your creative space. Your creative space is a hub unique to your organization and its services. Each presentation will open up new ideas and resources to help you make your space more sustainable, manageable and engaging to the community around you.
LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT is coming to five more cities between now and 2016. We’ll be travelling to Sudbury, Town of Blue Mountains and Orillia this fall, and announcing dates for Pickering in the coming weeks.
SIGN UP FOR A WORKSHOP NEAR YOU! Space is limited, so register soon to avoid disappointment.