Tentative Start Date: September 30, 2021
End Date: January 31, 2022
Position Type: Contract $6,500
Deadline to submit proposal: September 17 at 5pm.
ArtsBuild Ontario (ABO) is the only organization in Ontario dedicated to realizing long-term solutions for building, managing and financing the sustainable arts facilities needed in Ontario’s diverse communities. We are a non-profit arts service organization that provides organizations with training, tools and resources that support the development and management of creative spaces such as theatres, galleries, concert halls, museums and other creative spaces.
ABO is seeking proposals from qualified consultants and/or consulting firms to assist in the development of a three-year comprehensive strategic plan that will focus on our network’s needs, our services, our values and our vision for the future.
ABO is an organization that is working to embed the values of individual and group differences within its working environment. We strive to embrace the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives of our staff, members, arts community, and partners. Indigenous peoples, people of colour, and people across the spectrums of gender, sexuality, age, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
Scope of Work
The consultant shall complete the following:
- Design and execute a strategic visioning and comprehensive planning process including consultations and workshops with Board of Directors, Advisory Committee, Staff, Funders and Key Partners
- Develop recommendations for a three-year actionable strategic plan
ABO seeks the consultant’s recommendations regarding the best process for developing the strategic plan, to be conducted in two parts:
Part 1: Vision, Strategic Directions and Research
- Consultations: Develop consultation framework and questions/issues for staff, advisory committee, funders and key partners.
- Research: Integrate related data, stakeholder strategic plans and any relevant research and best practices that compliments strategic directions and stakeholder consultations.
- Synthesize: Consolidate consultation feedback and research. After consultation with Board of Directors, identify strategic directions and goals.
Part 2: Write the Strategic Plan
Utilizing information from the first stage, the consultation will develop recommendations for a strategic plan. This plan will serve as ArtsBuild Ontario’s guide for the next three years.
To accomplish the scope requested, the consultant will need to possess the following qualifications:
- Experience at successfully developing consensus-based strategic plans
- Knowledgeable of collective impact or collaborative strategic initiatives
- Strong facilitation skills
- Knowledgeable of non-profit/charitable sector
- Experience at creating a neutral environment for, and soliciting input from, individuals from various sectors
- Experience at gathering and utilizing data to inform the strategic planning process
- Knowledgeable in marketing, communications, and branding
- Knowledgeable in resource/program development
The proposal should contain a detailed description of the activities to be conducted by the consultant in order to complete the requested scope of work, including:
- Specific activities to be conducted at each stage
- Who will be involved at each stage
- A timeline for the activities at each stage
- Milestones and deliverables tied to those activities
- A proposed payment schedule
Criteria for Evaluating Success of the Project
The Board of Directors will deem this a successful project when they are given a clear report which outlines the strategic directions, areas of improvement and a recommended action plan. Previous strategic and other corporate materials will be provided to the consultant as background information upon request.
Previous Work Product
The proposal should include at least two examples of written work similar to the scope of work requested within this RFP.
- September 24-30, 2021: Interview process
- September 30, 2021: Contract issued
- October 11 – November 15, 2021: Phase One (Board retreat, Consultations and Research)
- November 15 – December 13, 2021: Phase Two (Provide recommendations for Strategic Plan)
Please forward proposal to Alex Glass, Executive Director
Subject line: Proposal offer: ABO Strategic Planning Consultant