The City of Toronto has announced its 2017 Culture Build Investment Program. The Culture Build Investment Program provides matching funds to assist the City’s not-for-profit cultural sector with funding for state-of-good-repair and minor capital projects for their facilities.
Applicants to the Culture Build Investment Program must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. incorporated as a not-for-profit organization;
2. located in the City of Toronto;
3. have been in existence for a minimum of three years;
4. own the facility or have at least five years remaining on their current lease at the time of applying to the program; and
5. are not City-owned facilities.
Funding for feasibility studies may be provided to those organizations that meet the existing eligibility criteria. The program does not support regular building maintenance costs and cost of purchasing or building a facility and the maximum allocation available and recommended through the Culture Build Investment Program is $100,000.00
In all cases, the City’s grant will not exceed 50 percent of total capital costs with matching funds coming from other levels of government, private sector and/or in-kind contributions.
The next submission deadline is February 3, 2017.
Applications and information about the Culture Build Investment Program is available by contacting Lori Martin at 416-392-5225 or email@example.com or Konrad Skorupa at 416-392-9863 or firstname.lastname@example.org.