ArtsBuild Ontario is pleased to provide a limited number of one-time grants of $2,500 towards the cost of a new renovation or project that will result in lowering of your organization’s monthly energy bill. This grant is part of ArtsBuild Ontario’s Energy Conservation Program, which endeavors to provide energy conservation training and resources to arts organizations that support efforts to reduce yearly energy consumption.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Nonprofit arts organizations in Ontario responsible for the maintenance of their facilities and who pay for their own utilities.
Eligible projects must be in a nonprofit arts facility in Ontario. Examples of eligible projects include but are not limited to:
- Installation of energy efficient lighting systems
- Installation of low flow toilets
- Replacing windows and/or roofs
The projects should:
- Reduce your monthly energy expenses
- Contribute to the sustainability of your facility
Priority is given to projects that:
- Demonstrate the estimated energy savings (through a letter from the supplier or engineer that includes the estimated savings)
- Will be completed by September 2016 (approximately)
- Will commit to participating in a case study following the completion of their project AND provide data that supports the reduction in energy consumption.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a one-time funding opportunity. This is first come, first serve, provided your organization can commit to the requirements and eligibility listed in the guidelines. Please submit your application ASAP!